Phoenix Family's core values emphasize the characteristics we seek in staff members. At Phoenix Family, we value employees who are mission driven, accept personal responsibility, empower colleagues, value teamwork, are innovative, show trust and respect, contribute to a quality work environment and are open communicators.
Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. Phoenix Family offers a great work environment and a comprehensive benefit package to its employees.
Current Job Openings
Join an exceptional team committed to making a significant impact in the community. Great part-time opportunity in south Kansas City to work in a community-based setting. This position is charged with leading a group of agency volunteers to provide intensive literacy and reading instruction to children ages 6 to 13. This is a 20-hour per week contract position. Must be available Monday-Friday during after school programming; hours may shift during the summer. Of the 20 hours, 8 hours are required during the week and some evenings for prep and program planning time, parent communication, volunteer training and communication, reporting, etc.
Required qualifications include:
- Experience teaching elementary children in the urban core how to read and ability to establish trusting relationships with young children.
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish partnerships with other staff, volunteers, community partners, and parents.
- Ability to individualize care based on individual children’s needs (medical, educational, family situations).
Phoenix Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please provide the following when submitting your application or it will be considered incomplete and will not be considered.
- Submit a cover letter designating your interest in the position, your salary requirements, and your availability to begin the position (i.e. start date availability).
- Resume reflecting qualifications and experience.
- List of at least 3 professional references to contact including names of reference, phone number and email address for each reference as well as what capacity you know and/or worked for the reference.
Email all of the following materials by April 2, 2013 at 5 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NO PHONE CALLS ACCEPTED.